Dark Chocolate Shopping List
Return to Tasting Page.
Chocolate Adventures Dark Chocolate Kit
This is a possible shopping list for dark chocolate bars at Chocosphere (chocosphere.com or call 877-992-4626), just in case you want to order up a whole tasting kit in one swoop. It is based on the write-up on the tasting page linked above (in case you found your way here directly). I voted for individual bars instead of tasting size squares because you get more chocolate, and it is very easy to break these bars into 10 or more pieces. I do not get any referral fees (yet) for recommending these bars. I will let you know if that changes. Any website is glad to have a source of income. (I do get a little if you buy a book from Amazon).
The total of these bars would be about $53.13, plus a ten dollar shipping charge. If you get this is a gift, you could print out the tasting page to give with it. If you do decide to try them I recommend trying the bars in the order listed. If you want to start small and spend less I would remove the Chocovic Trinitario bar from the list first as it may not reveal as much in the bean tasting variations. The Criollo/Forastero distinction is quite sharp as is. To reduce the budget further you can remove bars from the bottom end. Taking away an Amadei and a Valrhona bar as well would bring the cost down to $34, and, after all, you want to have something to get for Valentine's Day!
- E. Guittard Ambanja - Madagascar - $3.35
- E. Guittard Quevedo - Ecaudor - $3.35
- E. Guittard Sur Del Lago - Venezuela - $3.35
- E. Guittard Chucuri - Colombia - $3.35
- Chocovic Ocumare (Criollo) - $3.95
- Chocovic Guyave (Trinitario) - $3.95
- Chocovic Guaranda (Forastero) - $3.95
- Dagoba Pacuare - Costan Rican - $3.99
- Dagoba Sambirano - Madagascar - $3.99
- Valrhona Chuao - $4.25
- Valrhona Palmira - Venzuela - $4.70
- Amedei "9" - $10.95